Sunday, November 15, 2009

First Pictures of the Girls.

Finally, the reason I wanted to get into this in the first place: the kids. Taking pictures of the kids is tough. You basically snap away furiously with the hopes of getting 1 or 2 reeeally good shots out of 200-300. To add to the frustration, the point and shoot camera has a "feature" that won't let me take the picture if it doesn't think it's correct. What a piece of shit of an idea. I understand that it is there to "assist" me, but at least take the picture and let ME worry about it later. I can't even imagine the number of photo opps that I've missed because my little POS camera didn't like the shot. But not anymore. This camera will do WHAT I WANT, WHEN I WANT DAMN IT. And I love it. Here are some totally amateur photographic attempts...



















Well? I think it's great. The added degree of control and flexibility is even better than I imagined it would be. I am really glad now that I went with the D40. This little thing has more to it than I could learn (and become comfortable with) in a year. Or two. Or five. I have no idea. But I do know that I'm glad I went with this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment